SoundCards?

  • k5myj
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2013
      PowerSDR says you will lose some features if you do not use one of the supported sound cards.

      What do you lose?

      I am using Diamond sound cards.
    • Richard Mogford
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2013
        Yes, I am curious about what that means too.

        I'd also like to know specifically what an external USB (or internal) sound card does for SDR performance.

        People have said that it increases bandwidth.  I guess the sound quality is probably better too.

        Does it affect the noise level or anything else to do with reception on the Ensemble II RX?

        Richard

        On Sep 27, 2013, at 8:07 AM, <macklinbob@...> wrote:

        PowerSDR says you will lose some features if you do not use one of the supported sound cards.

        What do you lose?

        I am using Diamond sound cards.

      • jim h
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2013
          Hello
          I run a softrock 6.3 using a M-audio revolution 7.1 pci sound card running powerSRD 2.4.4 Under XP pro 32bit it works ok . some users I have talk with tell me that a good video card cuts down on cpu  use on your computer.
          I did go through 4 or 5 sound cards because I couldn't fined a delta44 at a resonably price ...
           I don't know what features I lose using the revo card other than muting the speakers in tx mode .
          But I get around it by routing the speaker wire through a relay that is enabled off the ptt line on the softrock.
          I have tryed Rocky , winrad and sdr console and for me powersdr works the best although sdr console works good and may work better when I learn more about it.
          just my 2 cents
          Jim
          N6MDJ

          To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          From: macklinbob@...
          Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:07:33 -0700
          Subject: [softrock40] SoundCards?

          PowerSDR says you will lose some features if you do not use one of the supported sound cards.

          What do you lose?

          I am using Diamond sound cards.
        • they_call_me_longjohn