Re: [softrock40] Which Version of PowerSDR?

    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 23 11:41 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Which Version of PowerSDR?

      > I'm starting a clean build of software for a new RXTX I am building and I am wondering which version/build of PowerSDR I should
      > use with Windows 7?

      Greg,

      http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list for the files.

      This uses the Flex version of PSDR and just changes a few files.

      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 26 10:24 PM

        Subject: Re: [softrock40] Help with Installing Latest Version of PowerSDR for Use with Ensemble Boards

        >Does the quality of the sound card affect the noise background on the
        SDR (as seen/heard on PowerSDR)?

        Richard,

        What makes you say there is a lot of noise? Just because you see/hear it? Or that the meter says it is high? Do not believe it.
        How does it compare with weak signals on a conventional receiver?

        With a Softrock the soundcard is rarely a significant factor for the noise level.
        In fact most cards give acceptable results, better cards may have fewer spurii, more level response.
        Do not worry too much until you are familiar with what you see and hear.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ

        On Sep 26, 2013, at 5:08 PM, Adam Jacobs wrote:

        Hi Richard,
          Yes, ADC is an Analog->Digital Converter.
        You should select 16-bit resolution, I wouldn't bother messing with anything else. Try running the experiment again with 16-bit resolution.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantization_(signal_processing)

        -73 Adam W7QI

        On 9/26/2013 4:59 PM, Richard Mogford wrote:
        Thanks, Adam.

        Is an "ADC" and analog to digital converter?