Random ATTiny wakeup

  • ds93autox
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2013
      Are different different drivers needed for the current ATTiny than one programmed a year and a half ago?  Long story, but pins 1 and 3 seem to come up randomly correect or incorrect on USB connect cycling while an older rig works fine.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] Random ATTiny wakeup

        > Are different different drivers needed for the current ATTiny than one programmed a year and a half ago? Long story, but pins 1
        > and 3 seem to come up randomly correect or incorrect on USB connect cycling while an older rig works fine.

        No, there is one driver.
        What are your Softrocks, what is your problem?

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • ds93autox
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2013

          Both are RXTX Ensembles.  The older one is 17-10m build, the new one is 40-20m build to replace one I sent to a fellow who needed build help.

          When the new one "wakes up" correctly, every pin's voltage and waveform looks identical between the two units.  When it wakes up "bad", pins 1 and 3 are sometimes flipped state and sometimes pin 3 is simply stuck low.  pin 5 has no USB traffic and pin 7 is normally high with a regular, isolated pulse low (don't remember the time right now.  I'm using a 500 MHz Tektronix digital scope, so the waveforms can be examined closely.  In all cases si570 control works fine.  I've tried 3 different si570s, all with the same issues.

          Software is CFGSR and Rocky.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20, 2013
            Subject: RE: Re: [softrock40] Random ATTiny wakeup

            > Both are RXTX Ensembles. The older one is 17-10m build, the new one is 40-20m build to replace one I sent to a fellow who needed
            > build help.
            >
            > When the new one "wakes up" correctly, every pin's voltage and waveform looks identical between the two units. When it wakes up
            > "bad", pins 1 and 3 are sometimes flipped state and sometimes pin 3 is simply stuck low. pin 5 has no USB traffic and pin 7 is
            > normally high with a regular, isolated pulse low (don't remember the time right now. I'm using a 500 MHz Tektronix digital scope,
            > so the waveforms can be examined closely. In all cases si570 control works fine. I've tried 3 different si570s, all with the
            > same issues.

            I guess you mean 3 different ATTinys.
            In that case it might be a joint or component between the ATTiny and USB.
            I can't comment about the signals, I've never looked.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ