Re: [softrock40] RE: va3mw@portcredit.net

  • Mike va3mw
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2013
      Hi Charles

      You are 100% correct on notifications.

      I have deleted it and reinstalled it and my crashing issue seems to have disappeared.

      Many thanks

      Mike va3mw

      On Sep 18, 2013, at 12:28 PM, <charles.scharlau@...> wrote:

      If anyone is seeing iSDR crashes on any iOS device - old or new - please let me know. Developers can't fix problems that they are not told about.  I have not received any notifications of iSDR crashes on new app versions in over a year now. That's after 10's of thousands of app downloads.

      iSDR has its limitations, mostly imposed by Apple's refusal to open up access to its accessory port. That limits the app by preventing it from sending control signals - thus it can't adjust a SoftRock's oscillator frequency. But the app is excellent for demonstrations, and for those applications that don't require wide bandwidth (it is limited to 44 kHz) or control signals sent to external devices.

      73,

      Charles

      NZ0I

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, <va3mw@...> wrote:

      I do keep my iPad up to date, and it was crashing as recently, but I will check it again.

      Mike va3mw

      On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Charles Scharlau <charles.scharlau@...> wrote:

      An update to iSDR was released within the last two weeks. The crash problem on the iPad 3 was fixed a few weeks after the iPad 3 first came out - over a year ago. But there has been a problem with some folks not receiving notifications of the iSDR updates being available. That is a problem with Apple. If you are still experiencing crashes then please delete iSDR from your iPad and download it again from the App Store. The latest version is 3.4.

      The app is free. Give it a try. There's nothing to lose. It doesn't even pester you with advertisements.

      73,
      Charles
      NZ0I

      On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:52 AM, <softrock40@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      There are 3 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1a. Re: iSDR app
          From: Michael Walker
      1b. Re: iSDR app
          From: Simon Thompson

      2a. Re: I Have a Question.
          From: Brett Graham

      Messages
      1a. Re: iSDR app
          Posted by: "Michael Walker" va3mw@... va3mw
          Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:22 am ((PDT))

      It works.. sort of.

      I have it for some time.  It keeps crashing.  The IQ is stuck in reverse on
      mine and this is on the latest iPad.

      There hasn't been any fixes on it for some time.

      Mike va3mw

      On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Has anyone used this? Looks interesting!
      >
      > https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isdr/id480077371?mt=8
      >
      > 73, Zack W9SZ

      Messages in this topic (3)
      1b. Re: iSDR app
          Posted by: "Simon Thompson" simonthompson67@... simonthompson1234
          Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 am ((PDT))

      I have tried to use this; the problem with the software is that the iPad
      is incapable of receiving from the Ensemble Rx both the frequency control
      signal and the IQ signal at the same time. The last time I checked, there
      were a couple of technically-minded people who were developing a
      work-around solution (wireless or Bluetooth) to the IPad's specific
      limitations.

      On Friday, September 13, 2013, Zack Widup wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Has anyone used this? Looks interesting!
      >
      > https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isdr/id480077371?mt=8
      >
      > 73, Zack W9SZ

      Messages in this topic (3)
      2a. Re: I Have a Question.
          Posted by: "Brett Graham" vr2bg@... kb7g
          Date: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:16 pm ((PDT))

      <3ym3ym@...> said:

      > Even if it is not real time, it would be nice to have a
      > 1.8..30MHz analyzer. If each 192 kHz band is captured for 2
      > seconds (to make the Si570 loud click to dissipate), a full sweep
      > will take about 5 minutes. Much faster if only some bands are
      > used.
      >
      > It would be difficult to calibrate and make it into a real
      > instrument because of the uneven BPF gain, central peak and other
      > issues. Yet, for the price it would be great value, allowing
      > continuous monitoring of the entire HF.

      I already do something like this, but is only to watch what is going on
      over more spectrum than I can see at once.

      No idea about the Si570 (and what is talking to it), but with FCDP+ I
      can have SDR# (with N8GJL's scanner plug-in) hang around for ~100 mS as
      it scans between memory channels.  At 196 kc, it takes 7 memories to
      cover, for example, all of 20, 17, 15 & 12m.

      The result is four bands sharing the same waterfall - looking a bit like
      vidiplex gone berserk - is adequate for the monitoring I do (have
      learned how to work with it), but what would really be neat would be to
      have separate displays/waterfalls for each memory channel.

      Being able to see more spectrum than is already presented pretty much as
      it is by a spec-an to me is what is required for either spectrum
      "monitoring" or "analysis" applications - within the limits of the
      receiver/sampling used (therefore dynamic range, resolution, etc),
      everybody already has a basic spec-an if they use a SDR. ;^)

      73, ex-VR2BG/p.

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, <softrock40@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Messages in this topic (5)

      <*> Your email settings: