Re: [softrock40] RE: band-specific reception problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] RE: band-specific reception problem

      > The problem is definitely only around 20m, and my antenna is cut for 20m. I'm thinking this can't be a coincidence -- there must
      > be some sort of overloading going on.
      > Here's the spectrum for 20 meters with my antenna attached:
      >
      > http://picpaste.com/pics/20m_noise-vIMdNYU9.1379405215.png

      Rob,

      Yes, you are picking up something, maybe from your monitor or other device. Maybe some sort of ground loop, although I've never
      noticed a frequency dependent loop. If it is 120Hz spacing it could point to powerline harmonics.
      But there is no sign of overloading.

      > Here's the spectrum for 30 meters with my antenna attached:
      >
      > http://picpaste.com/pics/30m_clean-n6XHXIvv.1379405458.png

      From what I've seen so far I'd be more worried about signals that are not seen. What were the two signals on 30m?
      I guess you are showing the bands when they are closed?
      You do get good results on 40m?

      I'd say just forget the 20m noise in the centre if it is the only problem. Try it in the weekend when there are definitely signals
      there. Find out what the noise is later if it is otherwise working properly. If the Softrock is receiving properly then I do not
      think it is a fault in the hardware.