Protecting the Ensemble II from Transmit RF

  • rchrdm4
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2013
      Hi

      I am planning to buy an Ensemble II.  One way to protect the board from transmit RF on the antenna input is to put in a relay that disconnects the SDR from the main antenna and also grounds the SDR's center antenna contact to ground.

      Has anyone used another approach to this?

      Thanks.
    • Lawrence Galea
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2013
        Good approach.
        Also a couple of diodes back to back across the input just in case.
        Regards
        Lawrence