Re: [softrock40] PowerSDR and SoftRock Ensemble III

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] PowerSDR and SoftRock Ensemble III

      > Can PowerSDR be used with the SoftRock Ensemble III receiver?

      Ensemble III? Do you know something:)

      Just about all soundcard SDR software may be used.
      Here is my list https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/soundcard_sdr_software Note the special version of PSDR-IQ, latest and
      greatest.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Richard Mogford
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
        Alan

        Thanks for the great list of the SDR programs!

        I am not sure, but the SoftRock 40 seems to have been replaced by the SoftRock Ensemble III and one or two other boards.  Please see this web site:

        Richard

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
          Alan

          I am using SDR#.  Do you know if there is a way to fine tune the frequency?  I can enter a frequency and press "Return," and I can slowly change the frequency by using the up/down keyboard arrows.  However, this does not actually seem to change the frequency in real time.  I can drag the cursor, but it would be better if there was a fine tuning control to zero in on ham SSB stations, etc.

          Richard

          On Sep 9, 2013, at 10:15 PM, Alan wrote:

          > Can PowerSDR be used with the SoftRock Ensemble III receiver?

          Ensemble III? Do you know something:)

          Just about all soundcard SDR software may be used.
          Here is my list https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/soundcard_sdr_software Note the special version of PSDR-IQ, latest and
          greatest.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

        • MICHAEL TALLENT
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
            There is an Ensemble II but I see no Ensemble III.  My Ensemble II works great with Power SDR.

            Mike T  W6MXV

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
              Apologies.  It is indeed an Ensemble II.

              Thanks!  That is what I wanted to know about PowerSDR.  Can you direct me to the web site for the PowerSDR download?  There seem to be several.

              How good is the Ensemble II receiver?  Pretty sensitive in the ham bands?

              Richard

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

                > Alan

                > I am using SDR#. Do you know if there is a way to fine tune the
                > frequency? I can enter a frequency and press "Return," and I can
                > slowly change the frequency by using the up/down keyboard arrows.
                > However, this does not actually seem to change the frequency in real
                > time. I can drag the cursor, but it would be better if there was a
                > fine tuning control to zero in on ham SSB stations, etc.

                > Richard

                10/09/2013 16:06

                The mouse wheel, if you have one, will do this. You can select the
                frequency shift in the software per "click" under step size.

                --
                Best Regards,
                Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

                  >I am using SDR#. Do you know if there is a way to fine tune the frequency? I can enter a frequency and press "Return," and I can
                  >slowly change the frequency by using the up/down keyboard arrows. However, this does not actually seem to change the frequency in
                  >real time. I can drag the cursor, but it would be better if there was a fine tuning control to zero in on ham SSB stations, etc.

                  Richard,

                  It's a while since I used SDR#, my page <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer> says mouse
                  wheel as many other programs do.

                  I do not remember if there are keyboard shortcuts, do not think so, unless there is a plug-in.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

                    >Can you direct me to the web site for the PowerSDR download? There seem to be several.

                    I think this is up to date
                    PSDR-IQ Christos SV1EIA's version. May only be used with frequency agile Softrocks. NOT crystal controlled. Also has parallel port
                    control option but different connections to Guido's (SEE Section C1 above)! The parallel port may also be used for controlling BPFs
                    CW key and PTT.

                    file carefully. Go to http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list for the files.

                    This uses the Flex version of PSDR and just changes a few files. First reports are favorable, In time it will be enhanced. Should
                    work on all Windows.

                    >How good is the Ensemble II receiver? Pretty sensitive in the ham bands?

                    Provided you use a good antenna its as good as it needs to be, maybe just a few dB more may be needed on 12 and 10m.

                    73 Alan G4ZFQ
                  • Richard Mogford
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
                      Thanks! I'll try it!

                      This discussion board is very friendly and helpful!

                      Richard