Re: [softrock40] Rx Ensemble Disconnect?

  • Michael Walker
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29 7:51 AM
      Hi Bob

      I'm not surprised.  I suspect that there are newer versions of your engineering software that will run on current OS's.   If you keep current, the licensing upgrades are normally pretty reasonable, but those days are likely long gone and you are on a budget.  That is how software companies stay in business.  They want you to buy the latest and greatest.  (Can you tell I have worked for many software companies.  :)  )

      Most of my Softrock testing has been done on XP Pro box, and even though it is end of support next year, I suspect the only reason I will retire that box is if the hard dies and Spinrite can't fix it anymore.

      Good luck,

      Mike va3mw

      On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM, K5MYJ <macklinbob@...> wrote:

      My Win2K machine is used to run older engineering software that won't run properly on WinXP.

      Even Microsoft VisualC++ crashes on WinXP.

      Bob Macklin
      K5MYJ
      Seattle, Wa.
      "Real Radios Glow In The Dark"
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29 1:17 PM

        > My Win2K machine is used to run older engineering software that won't run properly on WinXP.
        >
        > Even Microsoft VisualC++ crashes on WinXP.
        >
        > Bob Macklin
        > K5MYJ

        29/08/2013 21:14

        I sympathize, I have similar applications for engineering and writing
        / reading code from early race car data logging and engine management
        systems. I sometimes feel I am running a care home for geriatric
        laptops with odd ball, ancient OS's and flaky software on them. Even
        my best PC gets ridiculed by my game playing, "if it's more than 6
        months old it's a dinosaur" friends :(

        --
        Best Regards,
        Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY