Re: [softrock40] Using Rocky 3.7 with 6m RX Ensemble

  • Jose Bonanca
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2013
      OK. AND who are you??

      On 20 August 2013 15:31, dp201399 <dp201399@...> wrote:

      I have built up a 6m RX Ensemble and and trying to run it with Rocky 3.7.

      At intervals of about every 1 MS I get a 1.3 Usec - pulse (3.0 volt to gnd) on pin 2 of the USB connector (the Data - line). nothing
      is happening on pin 3 (the Data + line).

      When I use Rocky 3.7 View/Settings.../Operator/ and input my name, call, and QTH and press OK I get a Rocky pop up error message saying USB device not found.

      I assume that Rocky has gone looking for the 6m board and the ATTiny85 has not responded to the pulse the PC sends.

      Any one ever get this combination to work?

      --
      Jose (Ct1aos)
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2013
        >I have built up a 6m RX Ensemble and and trying to run it with Rocky 3.7.
        >
        > At intervals of about every 1 MS I get a 1.3 Usec - pulse (3.0 volt to gnd) on pin 2 of the USB connector (the Data - line).
        > nothing
        > is happening on pin 3 (the Data + line).
        >
        > When I use Rocky 3.7 View/Settings.../Operator/ and input my name, call, and QTH and press OK I get a Rocky pop up error message
        > saying USB device not found.
        >
        > I assume that Rocky has gone looking for the 6m board and the ATTiny85 has not responded to the pulse the PC sends.
        >
        > Any one ever get this combination to work?

        What experience have you?
        Have you installed the driver?
        Have you configured the ATTiny?
        And Rocky?

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • dp201399
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2013

          > Subject: [softrock40] Using Rocky 3.7 with 6m RX Ensemble
          >

          > >I have built up a 6m RX Ensemble and and trying to run it with Rocky
          3.7.

          > > At intervals of about every 1 MS I get a 1.3 Usec - pulse (3.0 volt
          to gnd) on pin 2 of the USB connector (the Data - line).
          > > nothing
          > > is happening on pin 3 (the Data + line).
          > >
          > > When I use Rocky 3.7 View/Settings.../Operator/ and input my name,
          call, and QTH and press OK I get a Rocky pop up error message
          > > saying USB device not found.
          > >
          > > I assume that Rocky has gone looking for the 6m board and the
          ATTiny85 has not responded to the pulse the PC sends.

          > > Any one ever get this combination to work?
          > >

          > What experience have you? I have been a ham since about 1953, Tony
          Parks (my younger brother got me into the hobby)
          > Have you installed the driver? I have Rocky 3.7 on my PC running
          Windows XP

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 20, 2013
            Could you please leave a space so your reply is more obvious.

            >> What experience have you? I have been a ham since about 1953,

            Yes, but I meant experience with SDR. I'll assume none.

            Install the driver <http://pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/#install> at "Install the PC driver software automatic."

            <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/extio-or-cfgsr-some-notes> Get CFGSR, look at 2nd picture down.

            <http://homepages.wightcable.net/~g4zfq/Si570/40FreqRocky.txt> I guess this works for 6 meters, I've never tried Rocky there.