Re: [softrock40] Re: Help with Ensemble RX II

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 19 9:52 AM
      I prefer Chip Quick, a low temperature solder.

      Expensive, but works very well.

      de Paul, W8AEF

      Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 8:12 AM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Help with Ensemble RX II

      At this stage, the best way to remove the chip is with one of those $14 Hobby Lobby embossing hot air guns and some aluminum foil cut to expose the chip and protect the other components' soldering

      On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM, n5gx_dt <djtosh@...> wrote:

      Rich:
      I think you may have nailed it. I kept looking at those pictures of U06 and didn't follow that explanation of the pin one orientation.

      Thank you so much.

      Now to see if I can remove it. If it parishes, I'll just have to get a new one.

      Thanks again,
      Dan