External Crystal Oscillator with Lite II?

  • shimp_2g
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2013
      If I had my own external Crystal Oscillator that I wanted to use with the Lite II, where would the best cut/insertion points be in the schematic? Particularly in the 20 meter Lite II.

      Thanks,

      Chris
      KF5JMD
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] External Crystal Oscillator with Lite II?

        > If I had my own external Crystal Oscillator that I wanted to use with the Lite II, where would the best cut/insertion points be in
        > the schematic? Particularly in the 20 meter Lite II.

        Chris,

        You do not say what oscillator.
        If it gives a few volts RF then modify the Lite 7474 pin 3 input to be like the Ensemble. With divider and isolating capacitor.

        Or just use trial and error. Remove the lite crystal, with an isolating capacitor it may well work using the non-grounded pad. With
        an isolating capacitor it will do no damage wherever you try.