Noisy bands

  • Loren Moline WA7SKT
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hello all,

      Don't know if its my location or is general problem but I am experiencing S7
      noise level or more most of time on some bands..especially 40 Meters.

      Loren

      friends module.
    • Sparkes, John
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        G'day, Loren. Do you (or your closest neighbours) own an LG HDDR/5.1 sound system ? Mine is the noisiest electronic entertainment device I've ever owned and it makes S9+20 noise on 75m and about S8 noise on 40m. I can turn mine off, but one of my neighbours owns one, too. My 2nd prize winner for world's noisiest transmitter in the "Not meant to be a transmitter" category is my video projector. Again, just turning the device off with the remote is NOT sufficient, you have to turn the power switch off - which is a bummer when it is mounted 8 inches below the ceiling !!

        I just love modern electronic equipment....

        John VK6JX

        Don't know if its my location or is general problem but I am experiencing S7
        noise level or more most of time on some bands..especially 40 Meters.

        Loren

        friends module.
        http://clk.atdmt. com/MSN/go/ msnnkwsp00700000 01msn/direct/ 01/?href= http://spaces. live.com/ spacesapi. aspx?wx_action= create&wx_ url=/friends. aspx&mk

      • Bill Dumke