Re: Our New Version Of the Softrock SDR Fully Assembled Surface Mount Design.

  • boydsoftprez
    Message 1 of 83 , Aug 5, 2013
      We now have more units in Stock! Everyone who has received your units what do you think? I lover copying digital modes! Anyone working any codec? I would love to play with codec2.
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimawhitaker@...> wrote:

      > It's $100 cheaper if you only want HF...
      >
      > DE N8XYN Jim

    • drmail377
      Message 83 of 83 , Sep 1, 2013
        Can you tell us the manufacturer and part numbers for the front-end filter inductors? I'm interested in looking at them in terms of Q. I've tried to find chip inductors that would work in this type of filter, but none were really satisfactory in terms of Q.

        Have you experienced any microphonics with this board? DC receivers are notorious for exhibiting microphonics when surface mount ceramic caps are used.

        One improvement (arguably) over the Softrock receiver in my opinion would be the inclusion of a pre-amplifier. Not that gain is needed, but a pre-amplifier will present a consistent match to the mixer. Both the gain and bandwidth of DC commutating mixers depends highly on the antenna match. Having a 9:1 or-so unun on the preamp input would also facilitate use of a long-wire antenna.

        Thanks, David WB4ONA