Re: [softrock40] Re: NO si570 connected

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 3 6:44 AM
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: NO si570 connected

      >I re-installed the drivers again, and now it seems to be working, except that CFGSR can no longer see the si570 as connected if the
      >key is plugged in. I suspect that my key cable may be shorted. Well, I've my fingers crossed that upon reboot, this little guy is
      >still up and running -- THANKS all for helpful suggestions!!!

      Kevin,

      I suppose I should have thought of this...
      But is your key a straight one fitted with a mono plug?
      The socket is wired for a paddle, a mono plug when inserted switches Q1 on shorting the Si570 control.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • kd0ucr
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 3 8:44 AM
        YES! Thanks, I never thought of this as possibly shorting the si570! So, it seems the new board works, except for this user-related error. The last board produced the same "No si570 connected" even without the key (or anything else) plugged in. I also noticed that I couldn't calibrate the last board, so I suspect that the fault in my first board and the wrong plug in the second board resulted in the same error "NO si570 connected" in CFGSR.

        Thank you for your assistance, I'm delighted to know what I'm doing wrong!

        Out of curiosity, you CAN use a straight key with softrock, can't you?

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3 8:59 AM

          > you CAN use a straight key with softrock, can't you?

          I think so, use the tip connection?
          But you may then come across the latency problem as is being discussed on another thread.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Simon Thompson
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3 10:07 AM
            Yes, you can use a straight key with a softrock, or at least you can in DSP Radio.