Re: Ensemble RxTx <-> WSPR help request

  • takehikochanchan
    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 1, 2013
      Alan,

      I do not complain you about the confusion of IQ setting as similar expression was already written in WSPR 2.1 suppliment written in 2010.

      Here is my question about the subject as one of SDR beginners.

      In the theory of SDR, all description of the I-Q relationship is I is horizontal and Q is vertical and the vector always rotates counter-clock wise. When we implement the theory into hardware and software, is there any significant benifits to demonstrate we can rotate the vector clock wise and set his/her products as default setting?

      Regards,

      take

      de JA5AEA

      > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RxTx <-> WSPR help request
      >

      > > My approach is to put the Si570 crystal frequency as default i.e. 114.285000MHz and HDSDR and WSPR will make the calibration for
      > > themselves. Obviously, Your described method i.e. Calibate B at Si570 has the advantage if the number of SDRs are increased but
      > > both should work.
      > >

      > take,
      >
      > The Si570 controller is designed for a once-only calibration.
      > That is why I recommend it is used.
      > Yes, both methods work, but every IQ software program will need to be calibrated if it is done "your" way. And as you rightly say,
      > once you get a second Softrock calibration gets very complicated.
      > Start the easy way, then it is always easy. Unless you get a SDR that cannot be calibrated.
      >
      > > It is unkind for Softrok beginners saying "In WSPR-IQ I only have Reverse TX IQ ticked". It is kind sayng "As my softrock RX
      > > option JP2 jumper is straight and TX option JP1 jumper is crossed, I only have Reverse TX IQ ticked.
      > >

      > Sorry, I do not mean to offend.
      > But when setting up a SDR the operator must check that it is working properly.
      > In the past there has been confusion about how to set the jumpers.
      > Because of this confusion I never say which way is correct, I always say check!.
      > Some people have posted conflicting advice. Some have declared their soundcard is different!
      > I did not understand which way you had yours configured so maybe others might not understand.
      > Always the advice is to set them so PSDR is correct, then use software switches if necessary. PSDR has no software switches.
      >
      > But always the operator must test their SDR, not just operate blindly.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

    • Michael Walker
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 4, 2013
        Thanks Alan