Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RxTx <-> WSPR help request

    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 30, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RxTx <-> WSPR help request

      > It is of course mono. I see no discernible images in WSPR. My reception is excellent,

      Bruce,

      With no image rejection you receive equally on two frequencies. If signals are present 24KHz or so down then you will see them.
      The other possible drawback is that I'd guess there could be a worsening of S/N by 3dB as you would be effectively using twice the
      bandwidth.

      Of course you have checked that you have TX image rejection? Not transmitting two signals at once?

      Regarding frequency control. By design WSPR does not set the frequency at startup. But after that just one click should change it.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      >> > I discovered that for best WSPR Rx my Ensemble Line-In must go to the SB XiFi, Mic In. This results in the desired rx noise
      >> > floor
      >> > of 0 - 4 dB.
      >> >

      >> Is the mic stereo? Otherwise you have no image rejection. WSPR input is not critical, does not need to be that high. I have done
      >> simultaneous comparisons. Some different WSPR versions give vastly different indications for the same setup.
      >> Currently my instance is at -20dB.

    • Michael Walker
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 4, 2013
        Thanks Alan