Softrocks, Delta44, and Win7

  • Larry Molitor
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
      Has anyone successfully used a Delta 44 sound card with Windows 7 operating system?

      If so what driver was used? What software packages were used with the Softrock radio(s)? Any limitations or "gotchas"?

      Thanks,

      Larry -W7IUV

    • lionel24607
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Larry Molitor <w7iuv@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone successfully used a Delta 44 sound card with Windows 7 operating system?
        >
        > If so what driver was used? What software packages were used with the Softrock radio(s)? Any limitations or "gotchas"?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Larry -W7IUV

        I use the delta 44 on windows 8. Driver is windows 7 sp1, 32 bit. I use it for fldigi, probably overkill, so may not be big help to your softrock question. But the delta driver works fine and install was smooth. Should be same on w7 I suspect.

        Lionel, N5LB
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30, 2013
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013
            Alan,

            Thanks for the reply.

            Before posting, I did search the archives but didn't find anything useful. I will try again.

            If I could find the specific driver that has been proven to work, it would save me the trouble of trying the half dozen or so that are available.

            73, Larry - W7IUV

            > Has anyone successfully used a Delta 44 sound card with Windows 7 operating system?

            Larry,

            This was discussed and an answer given a few months ago. Maybe a search of the old messages would find the reply as the original
            poster does not seem to be around.
            I have used a D44 on W7 but have no details, no problems.

            > What software packages were used with the Softrock radio(s)? Any limitations or "gotchas"?

            Fundamentally anything works that works with other Windows.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
                softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Chris Wilson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013

              > Alan,

              > Thanks for the reply.

              > Before posting, I did search the archives but didn't find anything useful. I will try again.

              > If I could find the specific driver that has been proven to work,
              > it would save me the trouble of trying the half dozen or so that are available.

              > 73, Larry - W7IUV

              31/07/2013 20:31

              http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver

              --
              Best Regards,
              Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013
                Chris,

                Thanks for the reply and info.

                Unfortunately when I go to the M-Audio driver page you referenced I cannot find that driver. The latest shown for Win7 32 bit SP1 is 6.0.8 dated 05/15/2012.

                Thanks,

                Larry - W7IUV

                  >Unfortunately when I go to the M-Audio driver page you referenced I cannot find that driver. The latest shown for Win7 32 bit SP1
                  >is 6.0.8 dated 05/15/2012.

                  Larry,

                  What makes you think this is the wrong driver?
                  Why not try it?

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • Chris Wilson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013

                    > Chris,

                    > Thanks for the reply and info.

                    > Unfortunately when I go to the M-Audio driver page you referenced I
                    > cannot find that driver. The latest shown for Win7 32 bit SP1 is 6.0.8 dated 05/15/2012.

                    > Thanks,

                    > Larry - W7IUV

                    31/07/2013 22:01

                    As it's the manufacturers official web site I would be surprised if
                    there were later official drivers anywhere else. As Alan suggests, can
                    you try the driver for your OS and service pack and just test it? I'd
                    tend to be a little wary of drivers from elsewhere without confirming
                    with M-Audio as to their authenticity. Good luck, I may well be facing
                    similar issues as I will have to move on to Windows 7 to get more
                    memory. I was quite happy with XP but now find its memory limitations
                    are getting restricting.

                    --
                    Best Regards,
                    Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013
                      Alan,

                      My problem is that I don't know it's the right driver.

                      The whole reason I asked the question to begin with was to avoid the "try it and see" business. I thought it was a simple question with a simple answer. Looks like I was wrong again. I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

                      73, Larry - W7IUV

                      >Unfortunately when I go to the M-Audio driver page you referenced I cannot find that driver. The latest shown for Win7 32 bit SP1
                      >is 6.0.8 dated 05/15/2012.

                      Larry,

                      What makes you think this is the wrong driver?
                      Why not try it?

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Alex
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013
                        Larry,
                        The simple is, that is the correct driver from Delta's website 6.0.8. I have been running the delta44 on two computers with win7. Larry that is the CORRECT driver for the Delta44. It also has a control panel to make adjustments to the 44. You have the best soundcard to run the softrock RX or RXTX.

                        Alex

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 31, 2013
                          Alex,

                          Thanks for that info. That's what I needed and can now move the Delta 44 over to the Win7 box.

                          73, Larry - W7IUV