Ensemble RXTX, TX Mixer (QSE), Pin Voltage not as expected

  • wm.gregory
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2013
      Hello group,

      I am building the Ensemble RXTX and am at the TX Mixer (QSE) testing stage. All tests results have been as expected up to this point. However, the Pin Voltage Test, step 1, Test Point B, Pin 14, shows 0 Vdc with both a DMM and an analog meter. All other Pin Voltage results for this stage are as expected. Can someone help me with this?

      Thanks, Will KK4PCV
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RXTX, TX Mixer (QSE), Pin Voltage not as expected

        > Hello group,
        >
        > I am building the Ensemble RXTX and am at the TX Mixer (QSE) testing stage. All tests results have been as expected up to this
        > point. However, the Pin Voltage Test, step 1, Test Point B, Pin 14, shows 0 Vdc with both a DMM and an analog meter. All other Pin
        > Voltage results for this stage are as expected.

        Will,

        Have you grounded this with a solder splash?
        Look at the schematic, this should have a signal from the divider stage. Recheck there but first look for something grounding that
        line.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • wm.gregory
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2013

          > Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RXTX, TX Mixer (QSE), Pin Voltage not as expected
          >

          > > Hello group,
          > >
          > > I am building the Ensemble RXTX and am at the TX Mixer (QSE) testing stage. All tests results have been as expected up to this
          > > point. However, the Pin Voltage Test, step 1, Test Point B, Pin 14, shows 0 Vdc with both a DMM and an analog meter. All other Pin
          > > Voltage results for this stage are as expected.
          >
          > Will,
          >
          > Have you grounded this with a solder splash?
          > Look at the schematic, this should have a signal from the divider stage. Recheck there but first look for something grounding that
          > line.
          >
          > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

          Thanks Alan,

          I found a bad solder joint between the pad and pin 5 of U5. Voltage test shows 2.5 Vdc now.

          Will KK4PCV