Re: [softrock40] Newbie and I can't get it loaded.

  • cbayona
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
      A SoftRock 40 is the original SoftRock it is pretty old but still
      usable. It has a USB connector used for power connection only, no USB
      driver is necessary. I covers a portion of the CW portion of the 40
      meter band and it's a receiver only, no transmit function.

      --
      Cecil - k5nwa

    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
        Could it be that you have the Softrock40 R(edux)?

        On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Alan <alan4alan@...> wrote:

        >Newbie to the group. A friend lent me a SoftRock 40. The board says it is version4.0. I have no idea if it works and the USB
        >drivers don't load. System is i3, 8GB, Win 7. Any help is appreciated.

        Jim,

        What exactly have you got? The true Softrock 40 has no USB. Just a crystal. Single section of a band.
        Earlier Softrocks here <http://www.wb5rvz.com/index.html>

        This site has beginners details <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/home> Try this page.
        https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/installing-and-using-hdsdr

        Cheers,