Re: [softrock40] Split frequency working with RXTX Ensemble and HDSDR?

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2013
      > Subject: [softrock40] Split frequency working with RXTX Ensemble and HDSDR?

      >> Am I misunderstanding anything thinking I can work split frequency by
      >> simply setting VFO A in HDSDR to frequency X for RX and VFO B to say
      >> frequency X plus / minus the split frequency, and manually switch between VFO
      >> A and VFO B for TX and RX?
      >>
      >> If that is how it could be done is it likely to be a simple software
      >> addition to HDSDR (by the writers) to have a split frequency switch
      >> automagically between RX and TX?
      >>

      > Chris,

      > The last update included this for the IF panadaptor option.

      > One of the three options enables dual RX. HDSDR/Softrock RX locked
      > to the DX station while the external RXTX is tuned looking for a
      > suitable TX frequency. I think this may have been added from a suggestion I made.

      > Do you think we could ask for a similar feature to suit the single
      > SDR RXTX? Dual receive with TX available on the active VFO.
      > And the opposite, TX on the inactive VFO to suit a DX station's split operation with a SDR RXTX?

      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      08/07/2013 15:33

      Well, I seem to have Mario's ear right now as he has very kindly added
      something which I requested, but I do not know if he wants what it is mentioning until a release,
      so I will have to keep it quiet. Minor glitch, but seems to work fine!
      :) We can but ask about the split operation, Alan :)

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY