Re: [softrock40] Softroc Lite PC noise

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 10:18 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Softroc Lite PC noise

      >I noticed on a new PC I run that when the softrock has power applied I can hear what ever station the softrock is tuned to inside
      >my PC. I have everything set to play thru a set of PC speakers which works fine. Its quite annoying when I'm listening to a strong
      >station because it almost tricks me into thinking I am getting QRM and I remember I'm getting the noise from inside my PC.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > I'm feeding the softrock into the line in, and then the audio output goes to my Delta 44 which is played thru a set of powered
      > altec lansing speakers.

      This sounds like wrong sound mixer settings. Here <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults> read
      Summary and Mixer settings.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • n1xbm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 6:14 PM
        I checked out that link, I can mute the line in and its still there, I can also mute line in and speaker output. It is only noticeable on strong signals. Even with the line in muted I can still hear it. Disconnecting the line in will stop it. I noticed the noise was coming from the internal PC speaker. I just dis-connected the internal PC speaker I do use it and the problem appears solved!