Softroc Lite PC noise

  • n1xbm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
      I noticed on a new PC I run that when the softrock has power applied I can hear what ever station the softrock is tuned to inside my PC. I have everything set to play thru a set of PC speakers which works fine. Its quite annoying when I'm listening to a strong station because it almost tricks me into thinking I am getting QRM and I remember I'm getting the noise from inside my PC.

      Any ideas?

      I'm feeding the softrock into the line in, and then the audio output goes to my Delta 44 which is played thru a set of powered altec lansing speakers.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] Softroc Lite PC noise

        >I noticed on a new PC I run that when the softrock has power applied I can hear what ever station the softrock is tuned to inside
        >my PC. I have everything set to play thru a set of PC speakers which works fine. Its quite annoying when I'm listening to a strong
        >station because it almost tricks me into thinking I am getting QRM and I remember I'm getting the noise from inside my PC.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > I'm feeding the softrock into the line in, and then the audio output goes to my Delta 44 which is played thru a set of powered
        > altec lansing speakers.

        This sounds like wrong sound mixer settings. Here <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults> read
        Summary and Mixer settings.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • n1xbm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
          I checked out that link, I can mute the line in and its still there, I can also mute line in and speaker output. It is only noticeable on strong signals. Even with the line in muted I can still hear it. Disconnecting the line in will stop it. I noticed the noise was coming from the internal PC speaker. I just dis-connected the internal PC speaker I do use it and the problem appears solved!