Re: [softrock40] Reading band data with Arduino

  • Adam Jacobs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2013
      The Ensemble doesn't have an ATU port.. but it wouldn't be too much trouble to design a little microcontroller based interface if driving an automatic antenna tuner was the objective. The hardest part would probably be finding the protocol datasheet for the automatic antenna tuner. :) The rest of it could be done with one of the microcontroller's ADC pins. Or, if the microcontroller was in the same part of the galvanic isolation as the I2C/USB microcontroller, you could just use a standard GPIO pin to count pulses. Fun project, but step one would be getting your hands on the protocol datasheet for the automatic antenna tuner. :)

      -73 Adam W7QI

      On 7/2/2013 3:36 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:

      > RXTX Ensemble, I've created an Arduino sketch for reading the band data from a Peaberry V2.

      > https://github.com/AE9RB/peaberry/blob/master/arduino_atu.ino

      > Unfortunately, it doesn't help Chris since it only works with
      > Peaberry V2. Maybe it will inspire someone to figure out a way to do something similar on an Ensemble.

      > 73 David http://AE9RB.com/

      02/07/2013 23:35

      That's very kind of you, and very interesting. I am actually
      considering building a Peaberry at some point in the not so far
      future. Thanks David.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY