Re: [softrock40] Any clever way to get band selection output from Softrock or HDSDR?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Any clever way to get band selection output from Softrock or HDSDR?

      > I am trying to think of a way to get some form of band selected data
      > from a Softrock Ensemble II RXTX or from a Windows PC running HDSDR.

      Chris, this is not availble on a RXTX.
      I think maybe something like the MOBO controller could do this but I do not think it would be simple to incorporate.
      Another way that would need less modifications could be to use the ATTiny in RX mode.
      The ABPF outputs could be decoded to 4 separate outputs, CFGSR would set changeover frequencies.
      PTT would have to be made COM port and CW operation using the AVR would not be possible.

      > actually use this on 40 meters, too, barefoot, and the SA doesn't show anything
      > terrible going on and I make good contacts with good reports.

      Several have warned that in-band spurii can be produced when a RXTX is used on a lower frequency than it is designed.
      I have always repeated this warning although I have not investigated.
      Whether these possible spurii are likely to be on spot frequencies or generally distributed I do not know.