Re: [softrock40] Digest Number 5521

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      On 1 Jul 2013 at 10:55, softrock40@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Re: Unsuccessful at RXTX Receive
      > Posted by: "bobbyin4land" goins0497@... bobbyin4land
      > Date: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:58 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Warren,
      >
      > The headset is an USB device, and although Win7 does acknowledge it
      > being connected, it does not show up as an output device option in
      > Rocky.
      >
      > Bobby
      > KK4HUU

      Hi..

      Make sure all needed sound card (like) devices are connected and working
      correctly BEFORE starting Rocky! Then, it should pick up on such
      things.

      I've used it OK with external USB sound devices for the SDR interface,
      AND the onboard sound for 'phones etc.

      Make sure too, you have the latest version of Rocky, it was updated a
      while back, to work correctly with the later Windows (Vista onwards)
      method of using streaming sound devices. Earlier versions would still
      use external (USB) devices, but not the onboard (motherboard) ones. The
      later version AFAIK will work both.

      There are of course many other SDR software app's. The other easy to use
      one is of course SDR# (SDR Sharp.) But that only does RX at present.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.