Re: [softrock40] RE: softrock 6.3 in tx ssb mode

    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 28, 2013
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] RE: softrock 6.3 in tx ssb mode

      >is their any thing I could do to lesson the image from 20kc below in other words I get a image from 7.235 shows up on 7.255 uper
      >side band .

      Jim

      This signal is normally 30dB or more down from the real signal.
      If it is at the same level then you are not feeding two signals (I&Q) into the TX. Cable or fault somewhere.

      If it just needs reducing from -30dB <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/hdsdr-iq-balance>

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • kb9gpm
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 2 9:15 AM
        Actually, I use a cheap Radio Shack station too. Well and a bench magnifying glass too. Mainly because I already had it. But one of these days when it wears out, I plan on upgrading to a nice Weller. So they can be built without buying expensive equipment. You just need steady hands. I've even build a Peaberry using the same setup.

        73 David K9GPM