Re: [softrock40] Ensemble VHF Frequency range?

  • Zack Widup
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
      I have separate transverters for 902, 1296, 2304, 3456, 5760 and 10368 MHz that use a 144 MHz IF. My 24 GHz transverter uses a 432 MHz IF. I'm working on a 47 GHz transverter with a 1296 MHz IF.
      :-)

      73, Zack W9SZ

      On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

      Through ?

      Mike KC7NOA

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: w9sz.zack@...
      Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:13:05 -0500

      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Ensemble VHF Frequency range?

      I bought mine to use as a microwave transverter IF. Sometimes it's a bit much to try to swing the dish around trying to find the other station while also tuning for him because his exact frequency is not known. It does an excellent job at that. The signals just appear on the band scope and I can peak my dish without having to tune to anything.

      My transverters from 902 through 10368 MHz use a 144 MHz IF.

      73, Zack W9SZ

      On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...> wrote:

      Right off the top I am not impressed.

      For 2M operation it would be better to use a conventional 2M/10M converter. Such as those made by DEMI.

      But what the hobby needs is 2M/10M converter that is less costly than the DEMI converter.

      With the DEMI converter 28.0 to 29.0 tunes 144.0 to 145.0.

      Bob Macklin
      K5MYJ
      Seattle, Wa.
      "Real Radios Glow In The Dark"
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
        Thanks all!!!

        Looks like I will have to go with something else. I'm looking for 120-170 full range

        Dave

        On Jun 24, 2013, at 3:14 PM, MIKE DURKIN <Patriot121@...> wrote:

        Through ?

        Mike KC7NOA

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

        > The front end circuit is mainly what determines the frequency range of
        > the device. It consists of a preamp device and a tuned circuit. I
        > built mine to tune the weak-signal part of the 2m band. It is peaked
        > at 144.2 MHz. I'm not sure what its useful range is.
        >
        > The sensitivity of mine seems comparable with my FT290R, which is
        > known to be slightly deaf but not too bad. A good GaAs preamp works
        > wonders with the Softrock Ensemble II.
        >
        > You could redesign and build the front end to tune any frequency in
        > the VHF region. Setting up the LO for that band should be easy.
        >
        > 73, Zack W9SZ

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
          Maybe the Funcube Dongle or RTL-SDR