RE: [softrock40] FW: ensemble II problem

  • Glen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2013

      Oops is right, but it is my oops...found the problem: a brand new bnc cable from All Electronics was bad...I have a doubled-shielded
      silver plated Teflon cable, and used it and no problems...never would have thought a new cable could be bad or intermittent.

      The new one is in the circular file!

      73's

      Glen K4KV

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 25, 2013
        > Can I assume this chip is bad? The board has been intermittent since it was
        > built, sometimes working
        > very nicely! I have used wick to suck all the excess solder off the pins.
        > I know it would be
        > very unusual to have a bad chip, but I cannot see any other thing.

        Glen,

        I had the very similar situation with my Lite RX. The mixer replacement with new one resolve the problem.

        Regards,
        Andy - YL2QN