Re: [softrock40] Win 7 64bit no joy

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Win 7 64bit no joy

      > I'm a long time user of Win XP using the DG8SAQ USB program and PowerSDR. I have two different XP machines running with no
      > problems
      > however I purchased a 64BIT Win 7 PC to see if it would use less
      > CPU cycles. I've spent two days trying to get the Win7 machine to recognize the ATtiny chip (keep in mind I have to working XP
      > systems)
      > I receive the following message USB device not recognized.
      > I've tried everything I know including loading drivers ect.

      Joe

      Are you using the new installation executable?

      <http://pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/#install>

      This should make things straightforward.
      The installer will install the certificate and then install the driver (32 & 64 bits) then the hardware can be plugged in.
      If you have tried the manual way I'm not sure if you need to uninstall any Unknown Devices first.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      the
      > PC has both USB1 AND 2 ports neither will work in fact nothing using
      > the DG8SAQ software works on this machine. I have SP1 and NET4 installed the PC is a Lenovo 2.8G dual core 64bit 3g RAM.
    • wa9cgz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2013

        > Subject: [softrock40] Win 7 64bit no joy
        >

        > > I'm a long time user of Win XP using the DG8SAQ USB program and PowerSDR. I have two different XP machines running with no
        > > problems
        > > however I purchased a 64BIT Win 7 PC to see if it would use less
        > > CPU cycles. I've spent two days trying to get the Win7 machine to recognize the ATtiny chip (keep in mind I have to working XP
        > > systems)
        > > I receive the following message USB device not recognized.
        > > I've tried everything I know including loading drivers ect.

        > the
        > > PC has both USB1 AND 2 ports neither will work in fact nothing using
        > > the DG8SAQ software works on this machine. I have SP1 and NET4 installed the PC is a Lenovo 2.8G dual core 64bit 3g RAM.

        F0LLOW UP

        After trying another Win7 64 laptop and having no success installing
        -same as above- I went over to a friends house that as several 64bit
        machines the first we tried was 32bit VISA the ATtiny found the driver and everything worked fine. We decided to try his Win7 64bit
        jut for a test and low and behold it worked as well. So the issue was
        not the Driver. I borrowed a USB PCI to try on the above PC and
        it found the driver and WORKED as well but the on board ports which
        seem to work correctly wit everything else still refuse to work with
        the DG8SAQ driver.

        Not exactly as I like but problem solved.

        Joe wa9cgz
      • wa9cgz
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2013

          > Subject: [softrock40] Win 7 64bit no joy
          >

          > > I'm a long time user of Win XP using the DG8SAQ USB program and PowerSDR. I have two different XP machines running with no
          > > problems
          > > however I purchased a 64BIT Win 7 PC to see if it would use less
          > > CPU cycles. I've spent two days trying to get the Win7 machine to recognize the ATtiny chip (keep in mind I have to working XP
          > > systems)
          > > I receive the following message USB device not recognized.
          > > I've tried everything I know including loading drivers ect.

          > the
          > > PC has both USB1 AND 2 ports neither will work in fact nothing using
          > > the DG8SAQ software works on this machine. I have SP1 and NET4 installed the PC is a Lenovo 2.8G dual core 64bit 3g RAM.

          F0LLOW UP

          After trying another Win7 64 laptop and having no success installing
          -same as above- I went over to a friends house that as several 64bit
          machines the first we tried was 32bit VISA the ATtiny found the driver and everything worked fine. We decided to try his Win7 64bit
          jut for a test and low and behold it worked as well. So the issue was
          not the Driver. I borrowed a USB PCI to try on the above PC and
          it found the driver and WORKED as well but the on board ports which
          seem to work correctly wit everything else still refuse to work with
          the DG8SAQ driver.

          Not exactly as I like but problem solved.

          Joe wa9cgz
        • Robert
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19, 2013
            Try a powered hub.