CFGSR

  • w1msg
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2013
      I just picked up a Softrock II 2m VHF Rx and cant for the life of me figure out how to set it up correctly in the CFGSR. I am guessing I dont have the LO set correctly and all of the help sites are out of date and not a whole lot of help any more..

      Anyone have the settings for a firmware 15.12 and ver 2.6 of the CFGSR program.

      Thanks

      73, Craig W1MSG
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] CFGSR

        >I just picked up a Softrock II 2m VHF Rx and cant for the life of me figure out how to set it up correctly in the CFGSR. I am
        >guessing I dont have the LO set correctly and all of the help sites are out of date and not a whole lot of help any more..
        >
        > Anyone have the settings for a firmware 15.12 and ver 2.6 of the CFGSR program.

        Craig,

        <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/extio-or-cfgsr-some-notes>

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • w1msg
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 3, 2013
          I have looked at a ton of help files but just cant seem to get it working. I purchased it used and followed the instructions he sent as well but still no joy. I guess I'll just stick with my Flex 5000 and Transverter.

          Most of the help sites are rather cryptic when it comes to the 2m RX and I am pretty sure the LO settings are not 4, I do the init as the 2m RX but still I get nothing. Its getting a bit frustrating. I am starting to think the RX is broken ??

          Craig

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 3, 2013
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: CFGSR

            > I have looked at a ton of help files but just cant seem to get it working. I purchased it used and followed the instructions he
            > sent as well but still no joy. I guess I'll just stick with my Flex 5000 and Transverter.
            >
            > Most of the help sites are rather cryptic when it comes to the 2m RX and I am pretty sure the LO settings are not 4, I do the init
            > as the 2m RX but still I get nothing.

            Craig

            The other tabs in CFGSR should confirm the settings made by "Init"

            >Its getting a bit frustrating. I am starting to think the RX is broken ??

            Possibly but it is not easy to be sure.
            You have to check the oscillator frequencies and the tuning.
            Does it receive a strong signal from a nearby TX?

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • Craig Gagner
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 3, 2013
            • 1 Attachment
            • 381 KB

            It doesn’t RX anything, here is what SDR Radio looks like, same thing on HDSDR, I hope the attachment goes through ..

            Message 6 of 13 , Jun 3, 2013

              > Well the local repeater is at 146.970. If I key up my HT at 1 watt on
              > 146.970 I get a huge spike each side of center, if I tune in to the spike I
              > end up at 146.936.500 and I can hear myself, however the repeater is in use
              > and I am getting nothing even if I turn on my mast mouted preamp on my 2m
              > beam, still nothing.

              Craig,

              So fundamentally it is working.
              It will need calibrating.
              But first, why is it so insensitive?
              It could just need very careful tuning of the front end.
              Otherwise maybe the on-board antenna amplifier is faulty.

              The other faults can be examined later.