Re: [softrock40] Wefax station on14.001885

  • EB4APL
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2013
      Brett,

      Thank you for your pointer to the IARU Monitoring in Region I, I didn't knew about it and I'll send them all my future findings, it looks like they handle these issues pretty well.
      And I will not waste bandwidth with these OT questions any more.

      73 de Ignacio EB4APL

      On 31/05/2013 14:35, Brett Graham wrote:

      EB4APL said:

      >>> channel
      >>> artifact. Do
      >> >
      >> > Spurious emission of some sort from NIK, happens from time to time going
      >> > back some number of years now.
      >> >
      >> > 73, ex-VR2BG/p.
      >> >
      > Thank you for your hint. Are you sure NIK is still operating? I
      > thought that this call sign was used time ago by USCG Boston, but they
      > are currently referred as NMF.
      > I tried to receive other USCG fax stations when the intruder appeared in
      > order to identify the source if they were in phase, but I had not
      > propagation neither from Boston or New Orleans.

      That is what IARU Region 1 Monitoring System has said the source was in
      the past.

      I see this time they don't refer to it as NIK (first page) - previous
      times (pages 22 & 24) at http://www.iarums-r1.org/iarums/actions.pdf
      they did.

      73, ex-VR2BG/p.