Re: [softrock40] Re: RX Ensemble II Low RX Help

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 53 , May 25, 2013
      Alan said if the antenna is grounded ( yes it is ) and the Softrock is grounded ( no its not grounded )

      So do I need to ground the Softrock?

      :)

      Dave

      On May 25, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

      No the antenna and tower are grounded.

      Dave

      On May 25, 2013, at 6:44 PM, Adam Jacobs <jacobs.adam@...> wrote:

      I think that Alan means that we would expect to see a grounded coax braid on the antenna connection. What you are describing sounds like there is no ground connection on the shield of the coax. Is the coax shield deliberately "floating" and ungrounded on the antenna side?

      -73 Adam W7QI

      On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

      Alan

      Yes the MA5B is HF and the RXII is HF and not LF.

      The RXII is not grounded. If the receiver must be grounded then my jumper from QSD to antenna BNC ground is correct and normal if the receiver is not grounded?

      Dave

      Message 53 of 53 , May 27, 2013
        Hello all

        I fixed it!

        The problem was T-1 and T-2 I did not understand the directions the first 10 times for crossing the wires errr and it was soooo simpleeee errrr lol.

        I can't thank you ALL enough for all your help!

        Special thanks to Warren Alan and Tony Parks!!! You bent over backwards helping me with this build!!!.

        I'm not going to say what Tony was going to do but i will say that he was up at 03:00 helping me it was just amazing that a vendor will work so hard to help.

        Warren spent a lot of time going over my photos and sending me down the right road. Thank you!!!

        You all in the group had great suggestions and like Tony said to me in a email...it's nice to see so many people in the group helping on this problem.

        Thanks All!!

        Dave

        On May 27, 2013, at 12:35 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

        Hi Dave

        Thanks ... I have it set for the Ensemble RX II LF/HF [HF]

        Dave

        On May 26, 2013, at 11:09 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

        On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:
        I was hopping some one can help me in the group with my RX II. I have just completed my kit and I'm only receiving strong signals with it. Is there a common builders mistake that I can check?

        The most common mistake is forgetting to configure the AVR chip for the BPFs. Use the "Init" tab in CFGSR.