Re: [softrock40] Re: v6 RXTX kit shipments

  • George Gudkov
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 26, 2006

      Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:06 PM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: v6 RXTX kit shipments

      Hi Terry,

      Thanks for the feedback on the bill of materials.  I will go in and make corrections.

      Diode D1 does need to change to a 1N4148 in order for the PA standing current to get to the desired level.  While I was at it I changed diode D3 also to a 1N4148 which is just fine for where it is used although a 1N4003 would be fine also.  Your second kit was mailed yesterday and had the right diodes included.  Let me know if I need to send a couple 1N4148 diodes.

      Only one jumper plug will be provided.  The clock division ration at JP1 needs to be hard wired for 40m with the left two holes wired together.

      It seems to take about six hours of concentrated effort, at least for me, to build one of the boards.  Hope the build goes well for you.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG