Re: RX Ensemble II Low RX Help

  • rifkum
    Message 1 of 53 , May 24, 2013
      Well, I thought I'd mention that if built correctly the RX Ensemble II has a GREAT recieve sensitivity. I just did a side by side comparison against an Elecraft KX3. I used an antenna toggle switch to compare the same signal back and forth and find that the RX ensemble II can pull out the weak stations just as capably as the KX3. Nothing against the KX3, it is a fantastic rig.

      Keep looking and go back through the build instructions and do your testing and use a magnafying glass and re-check everything.

      I am continually amazed at the quality of this little $67 reciever.

      Don't give up... you will find it. (assuming you dont have a component failure)

      Did you make sure the toroid windings had the enamel removed properly before soldering?

      dwight
      N7KBC
    • Dave
      Message 53 of 53 , May 27, 2013
        Hello all

        I fixed it!

        The problem was T-1 and T-2 I did not understand the directions the first 10 times for crossing the wires errr and it was soooo simpleeee errrr lol.

        I can't thank you ALL enough for all your help!

        Special thanks to Warren Alan and Tony Parks!!! You bent over backwards helping me with this build!!!.

        I'm not going to say what Tony was going to do but i will say that he was up at 03:00 helping me it was just amazing that a vendor will work so hard to help.

        Warren spent a lot of time going over my photos and sending me down the right road. Thank you!!!

        You all in the group had great suggestions and like Tony said to me in a email...it's nice to see so many people in the group helping on this problem.

        Thanks All!!

        Dave

        On May 27, 2013, at 12:35 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

        Hi Dave

        Thanks ... I have it set for the Ensemble RX II LF/HF [HF]

        Dave

        On May 26, 2013, at 11:09 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

        On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:
        I was hopping some one can help me in the group with my RX II. I have just completed my kit and I'm only receiving strong signals with it. Is there a common builders mistake that I can check?

        The most common mistake is forgetting to configure the AVR chip for the BPFs. Use the "Init" tab in CFGSR.