Re: USB 2.0 7.1CH Stereo Sound Card Adapter

  • vbifyz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2013
      Received the card today. Could not make it to record stereo in either Windows or Linux. Only mono, only 48kHz.
      Opened the case. The chip is a bare die under an epoxy blob. The Line In connector is stereo, with both channels connected to wires going to the chip. The Mic In connector is mono with bias source.
      USB Device ID is 0c76:1617. No luck googling that.
      While this may be stereo hardware, looks like there is no driver support. 96kHz is most likely for playback only.

      Verdict: not recommended for SDR. $7 wasted :(

      73, Mike