Re: [softrock40] Re: RX Ensemble II Low RX Help

  • Adam Jacobs
    Message 1 of 53 , May 16, 2013
      This may have been covered already, but have you done the Si570 calibration in CFGSR?

      -Adam W7QI

      On 5/16/2013 3:56 PM, Dave wrote:

      Hello all

      Well I'm still having problems getting my sdr working :(

      I have removed and rewinded T1-T2-T3 coils and soldered C40 again with no receiver improvement.

      I'm only receiving signals on all bands of S-9 and higher and I'm also noticing that the signals I'm receiving are off frequency and changing the swap IQ has no effect on correcting the frequency.

      I still need to check the voltages at U4 and U5 however I'm still at a loss :(

      Thanks all!!!!!

      Dave

      On May 15, 2013, at 4:31 PM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

      Joe

      Thanks ... Yes I crossed the coils per the instructions on t2 t1. I also pulled t1 out and going to rewind it and try again and on Thursday do the same with t2 and t3.

      Dave

      On May 15, 2013, at 3:01 PM, "Joe" <jjbergman@...> wrote:

      Just a thought: did you modify T1 and T2 by crossing the windings as the modified instructions mention?

      > Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: RX Ensemble II Low RX Help
      >

      > >Looks like I will have to get a L/C meter and rewind T2 T3. So I'm on hold I will order a L/C IIB meter on Monday
      >
      > >I did pull out T3 and did a continuity test on my Fluke 189 II meter and it tested good however that's not saying I have the
      > >correct uh on it or on any coils for that matter.
      > >How stringent is the correct uh on the coils?
      >

      > Dave,
      >
      > Any variation in the windings from the nominal inductance will make no significant difference.
      > You do not need a meter.
      > T2/3 are broadband.
      > The usual problems are just bad soldering to the enamelled wire or incorrect winding or connection to the transformer.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

    • Dave
      Message 53 of 53 , May 27, 2013
        Hello all

        I fixed it!

        The problem was T-1 and T-2 I did not understand the directions the first 10 times for crossing the wires errr and it was soooo simpleeee errrr lol.

        I can't thank you ALL enough for all your help!

        Special thanks to Warren Alan and Tony Parks!!! You bent over backwards helping me with this build!!!.

        I'm not going to say what Tony was going to do but i will say that he was up at 03:00 helping me it was just amazing that a vendor will work so hard to help.

        Warren spent a lot of time going over my photos and sending me down the right road. Thank you!!!

        You all in the group had great suggestions and like Tony said to me in a email...it's nice to see so many people in the group helping on this problem.

        Thanks All!!

        Dave

        On May 27, 2013, at 12:35 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

        Hi Dave

        Thanks ... I have it set for the Ensemble RX II LF/HF [HF]

        Dave

        On May 26, 2013, at 11:09 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

        On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:
        I was hopping some one can help me in the group with my RX II. I have just completed my kit and I'm only receiving strong signals with it. Is there a common builders mistake that I can check?

        The most common mistake is forgetting to configure the AVR chip for the BPFs. Use the "Init" tab in CFGSR.