Re: RX Ensemble II Low RX Help

  • vbifyz
    Message 1 of 53 , May 14, 2013
      Low sensitivity can be caused by using Line In instead of Mic In, or some other sound mixer settings issue.
      Do you see noise floor change when unplugging and plugging back the audio cable? If yes, the sound mixer settings are ok and the Softrock is the culprit. If no, search for the "Microphone boost" option and play with the sound mixer settings.

      73, Mike

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

      > I have went over and soldered all the coils again however that did not fix the low sensitivity problem :(
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > On May 14, 2013, at 3:51 PM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Warren
      > >
      > > Thanks I'm at work now however when I get home I will check your suggestions and get back to the group.
      > >
      > > Thanks :)
      > >
      > > Dave
      > >

      > > On May 14, 2013, at 11:06 AM, "warrenallgyer" <allgyer@...> wrote:
      > >

      > >> Dave
      > >>
      > >> I have built 8 of these rigs and each time I had a sensitivity problem is was due to a solder connection to the coils.
      > >>
      > >> My first suggestion would be to resolder each coil connection in the path from the antenna to the mixer.
      > >>
      > >> The RXII has four bandpass filters. You could check the sensitivity in each of the band segments on the chance that one section is bad but the others good.
      > >>
      > >> An MFJ antenna analyzer makes a great test signal generator for these rigs. A test lead plugged into the center connector on the MFJ can be used as a signal injector. Start at the mixer and work your way back until the signal drops off and you will have found your bad connection.
      > >>
      > >> Good luck and let us know which coil connection was bad. :-)
      > >>
      > >> Warren Allgyer - 9V1TD

    • Dave
      Message 53 of 53 , May 27, 2013
        Hello all

        I fixed it!

        The problem was T-1 and T-2 I did not understand the directions the first 10 times for crossing the wires errr and it was soooo simpleeee errrr lol.

        I can't thank you ALL enough for all your help!

        Special thanks to Warren Alan and Tony Parks!!! You bent over backwards helping me with this build!!!.

        I'm not going to say what Tony was going to do but i will say that he was up at 03:00 helping me it was just amazing that a vendor will work so hard to help.

        Warren spent a lot of time going over my photos and sending me down the right road. Thank you!!!

        You all in the group had great suggestions and like Tony said to me in a email...it's nice to see so many people in the group helping on this problem.

        Thanks All!!

        Dave

        On May 27, 2013, at 12:35 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:

        Hi Dave

        Thanks ... I have it set for the Ensemble RX II LF/HF [HF]

        Dave

        On May 26, 2013, at 11:09 PM, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

        On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Dave <n1ohn@...> wrote:
        I was hopping some one can help me in the group with my RX II. I have just completed my kit and I'm only receiving strong signals with it. Is there a common builders mistake that I can check?

        The most common mistake is forgetting to configure the AVR chip for the BPFs. Use the "Init" tab in CFGSR.