Re: [softrock40] Re: Troubleshooting pre-built softrock

    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2013
      ----- Original Message -----
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Troubleshooting pre-built softrock

      >I was correctly using the software when I had this problem. I finally got it working, I'm not sure entirely what the issue was but
      >I am now able to receive. There is high levels of noise, do I need a USB isolator thing?

      Jordan,

      What sort of noise? Can you compare with another receiver, does it drown weak signals?
      HDSDR may show a high level but it will mean nothing until you calibrate the "S" meter.

      Most do not have problems with USB noise, the most usual thing is spikes at 1KHz intervals. But it should be already isolated
      unless you have made a connection.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • John Greusel
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2013
        If you're using any LED light bulbs turn them off.
        I'm getting terrible RF noise on 20 meters from a light in the kitchen.
        I complained to the manufacturer and they said I might want to explore shielding mesh over the bulb- right!

        John
        KC9OJV