Re: [softrock40] Delta M-44

    Message 1 of 6 , May 11 12:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Delta M-44

      > yes it is the Delta 44. I still don't have in off audio to drive this card.
      > Alan I will see if I can use the internal Audio from the PC.

      Erwin

      Sorry I am not sure if your problem is with TX or RX.
      The D44 +4dBu should be capable of overloading the transmit input of a Softrock.
      For receive the "Consumer" input setting should be adequate.
      There is no need to use the Mixer.

      With a D44 there is no need to consider modifying a Softrock, maybe with other sound systems but not the Delta series..

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • DU1MGA
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11 3:59 AM
        Hi Alan & Bob,

        I was investigating the problem. I'm sure for 100% that it is a software
        problem with the WSPR 2.21. The I/Q Rx from the software is not really
        sensitive. He is ok when direct connected to the Audio.

        So what I did is as follow. I interchanged the Rx Audio from the RX-II and
        the FT-450. The 450 has much more audio available as the RX-II. So I was
        able to bring both RX to the right levels.
        Both (the FT-450 RX & the RX-II) are working fine now.

        Thanks the help of Bob & Alan.

        Regards and vy73 Erwin DU1MGA (W3WAZ)
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11 4:37 AM

          > I was investigating the problem. I'm sure for 100% that it is a software
          > problem with the WSPR 2.21. The I/Q Rx from the software is not really
          > sensitive. He is ok when direct connected to the Audio.
          >
          > So what I did is as follow. I interchanged the Rx Audio from the RX-II and
          > the FT-450. The 450 has much more audio available as the RX-II. So I was
          > able to bring both RX to the right levels.
          > Both (the FT-450 RX & the RX-II) are working fine now.

          Erwin,

          I see what you mean. Some versions of WSPR did not report the audio level correctly.
          In all cases I have used WSPR successfully with a D44.

          In any case WSPR is not really critical about audio levels.