Re: [softrock40] Troubleshooting pre-built softrock

  • Adam Jacobs
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2013
      Did you configure the USB driver and the ExtIO functionality of HDSDR, so that you can tune the unit? Does it tune correctly? Did you calibrate the Si570?

      What do you mean by no activity? did you "start" HDSDR? Check your soundcard configuration again, under windows this causes no end of problems for me.

      -73 Adam W7QI

      On 5/10/2013 3:35 PM, jgweb2000 wrote:

      I purchased a pre-assembled softrock ensemble rx 2 from fivedash and am having a few problems setting it up.

      Antenna is connected, a nice 12v power supply is connected, usb is hooked up and I have the audio input hooked up to the line in on my sound card.

      I am not getting any activity over HDSDR. I have ensured that my soundcard is correctly configured and that the softrock is getting power.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Jordan
      KG7DBM

      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2013
        >I purchased a pre-assembled softrock ensemble rx 2 from fivedash and am having a few problems setting it up.
        >
        > Antenna is connected, a nice 12v power supply is connected, usb is hooked up and I have the audio input hooked up to the line in
        > on my sound card.
        >
        > I am not getting any activity over HDSDR. I have ensured that my soundcard is correctly configured and that the softrock is
        > getting power.

        Jordan

        No activity? Not sure what you mean.
        Just connect and "Start" should show something. What?

        My site here <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/home> covers most for beginners and HDSDR.
        Tell us more.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • jgweb2000
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2013
          I was correctly using the software when I had this problem. I finally got it working, I'm not sure entirely what the issue was but I am now able to receive. There is high levels of noise, do I need a USB isolator thing?

          Jordan
          KG7DBM

          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2013
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2013
              If you're using any LED light bulbs turn them off.
              I'm getting terrible RF noise on 20 meters from a light in the kitchen.
              I complained to the manufacturer and they said I might want to explore shielding mesh over the bulb- right!

              John
              KC9OJV