Lo band Si570 use

  • Kees & Sandy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2013
      Has anyone tried a decade divider between the Si570 output and the first FF to cover the low bands below 3.5MHz/4.....effectively down to 87.5KHz ? ....jitter, max frequency, etc ? All frequency displays would be x10 off, x10 seems easy to compensate for.

      73 Kees K5BCQ
    • Dave B
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2013
        On 9 May 2013 at 10:50, softrock40@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Lo band Si570 use
        > Posted by: "Kees & Sandy" windy10605@... keestheham
        > Date: Wed May 8, 2013 5:19 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > Has anyone tried a decade divider between the Si570 output and the
        > first FF to cover the low bands below 3.5MHz/4.....effectively down to
        > 87.5KHz ?
        > ....jitter, max frequency, etc ? All frequency displays would be
        > x10
        > off, x10 seems easy to compensate for.
        >
        > 73 Kees K5BCQ

        Yes...

        It works OK, but make sure any filters and mixer transformers in the
        signal path are OK for the LF frequencies you're interested in.

        73.

        Dave G0WBX.
      • ylo58
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2013
          I was interested in 87.5 kHz too. Added just one FF and doubled the number of turns of T2 and T3 using 0.2 mm wire. LO goes down to about 109 kHz which is sufficient with 96kHz soundcard.
          The new low band replaces 160 m, but the bands must be kept in increasing order for the old 15.12 firmware. The multiplier is easy to change to 32 using CFGSR.

          Regards,
          Ulo

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Kees & Sandy" <windy10605@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone tried a decade divider between the Si570 output and the first FF to cover the low bands below 3.5MHz/4.....effectively down to 87.5KHz ? ....jitter, max frequency, etc ? All frequency displays would be x10 off, x10 seems easy to compensate for.
          >
          > 73 Kees K5BCQ

        • John Rabson
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2013
            What is going on around 87.5 kHz, apart from the common cave radio use of 87 kHz USB?•

            For 137 kHz I use the QRP2000 synthesiser on 13.7 MHz followed by 2 divide by 10 stages.

            73 John F5VLF/G3PAI

            On 16 May 2013, at 02:24CEST, ylo58 wrote:

            > I was interested in 87.5 kHz too. Added just one FF and doubled the number of turns of T2 and T3 using 0.2 mm wire. LO goes down to about 109 kHz which is sufficient with 96kHz soundcard.
            > The new low band replaces 160 m, but the bands must be kept in increasing order for the old 15.12 firmware. The multiplier is easy to change to 32 using CFGSR.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Ulo
            >
            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Kees & Sandy" <windy10605@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone tried a decade divider between the Si570 output and the first FF to cover the low bands below 3.5MHz/4.....effectively down to 87.5KHz ? ....jitter, max frequency, etc ? All frequency displays would be x10 off, x10 seems easy to compensate for.
            > >
            > > 73 Kees K5BCQ

          • ylo58
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16, 2013
              Sorry, on my part this was a mistake, I meant 77.5 kHz. This is the frequency of the DCF77 time signal transmitter in Mainflingen near Frankfurt, Germany.

              Regards,
              Ulo