Re: [softrock40] GM3SBC QRO Modifications

  • Adam Jacobs
    Message 1 of 15 , May 8, 2013
      Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but I'm interested in this as well. I noticed that the amplifier design theory is not described very well at all (if at all) in the uploaded word document and I don't see any discussion in this email thread either. Is Ed still on the list to give a design theory explanation?

      Thanks,
       -73 Adam W7QI

      On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

      Ed,

      What is the motivation of changing the 2n2222 to a BS170? Does it offer
      an independent improvement or is it in conjunction with the piggybacking
      of the main BS170 quad circuit? Looking to understand the design theory...

      John - ke5ssh

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm