Re: USB 2.0 7.1CH Stereo Sound Card Adapter

  • victor
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2013
      I've seen the specs of this sound card in the Israeli web site of deal extreme:
      http://dealextreme.winwin.co.il/p/usb-2-0-7-1ch-stereo-sound-card-adapter---white-183259
      Victor - 4Z4ME

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <martrah@...> wrote:

      > Hi Victor
      >
      > i can't find anything about sampling rate and bits in description. Can you point where you read it?
      >
      > 73, Mart
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "victor" <victorkoren@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone have experience with this external USB sound card:
      > > http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-7-1ch-stereo-sound-card-adapter-white-183259
      > > According to its description it has 96kbps sampling rate and 24 bits resolution.
      > > At $7 it should be a bargain.
      > > Anyway I've ordered one and i'll check it when it arrives.
      > > Victor - 4Z4ME

    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2013
        I just googled
        "USB 2.0 7.1CH Stereo Sound Card Adapter" 96 khz
        and found it on the English DX.com page. Ordered, will post results.

        73, Mike

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "victor" <victorkoren@...> wrote:

        > I've seen the specs of this sound card in the Israeli web site of deal extreme:
        > http://dealextreme.winwin.co.il/p/usb-2-0-7-1ch-stereo-sound-card-adapter---white-183259
        > Victor - 4Z4ME
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <martrah@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Victor
        > >
        > > i can't find anything about sampling rate and bits in description. Can you point where you read it?
        > >
        > > 73, Mart
        > >
        > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "victor" <victorkoren@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Does anyone have experience with this external USB sound card:
        > > > http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-7-1ch-stereo-sound-card-adapter-white-183259
        > > > According to its description it has 96kbps sampling rate and 24 bits resolution.
        > > > At $7 it should be a bargain.
        > > > Anyway I've ordered one and i'll check it when it arrives.
        > > > Victor - 4Z4ME

      • vbifyz
        Message 3 of 5 , May 20, 2013
          Received the card today. Could not make it to record stereo in either Windows or Linux. Only mono, only 48kHz.
          Opened the case. The chip is a bare die under an epoxy blob. The Line In connector is stereo, with both channels connected to wires going to the chip. The Mic In connector is mono with bias source.
          USB Device ID is 0c76:1617. No luck googling that.
          While this may be stereo hardware, looks like there is no driver support. 96kHz is most likely for playback only.

          Verdict: not recommended for SDR. $7 wasted :(

          73, Mike