Re: [softrock40] we got spam

  • KF5ULI
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 7:13 PM
      my kids read this to help build these kits not something my 13 yo needs to see.

      --
      Angi
      Amatuer Radio Operator

      FRBG Breeding Services, Specalizing in the problem and hard to breed does, In Arkansas and Missouri
      AI services for Caprine, Cervid, Cattle, Sheep,
      AI Classes in Caprine, In Ar and surrounding states

    • Adam Jacobs

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1 10:51 PM
            On 02/05/13 05:47, KF5ULI wrote:

            > I belong to allot of yahoo groups even own several/mod several and have
            > never gotten spam like this

            Welcome to the Internet. That sort of thing happens from time to time.

            --
            Gordonjcp MM0YEQ
          • cbayona
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 9:22 AM
              A lot has to do with the moderator of the list.

              To eliminate spam new users should be put on moderation until they prove that they are posting desired information. But that is work for the moderator, the easy way out is to allow all to post immediately but that has consequences of allowing spam in every so often.

               A solution to that is the moderator allow several others to be co-moderators to handle new account and handle the early post of new members so it not so much work on one person. Alas, there have been multiple offers over the years but nothing became of it. Multiple moderators would also allow a spamming account to be shut down quickly since one of the moderators most likely is around to catch the spam attack and disable the user

              Another cause is that members account have been compromised and they don't act and change their passwords.

              Cecil - k5nwa