Re: [softrock40] Re: Announcing Peaberry SDR V2

  • Stew KF5KOG
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1 12:54 PM
      Greg, I'm in and on order.
      Stew, KF5KOG
      -----Original Message-----
      From: GregT <kf5oxi@...>
      To: softrock40 <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, May 1, 2013 2:38 pm
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Announcing Peaberry SDR V2

      Anyone taking the plunge on this new kit?

      Greg, kf5oxi

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

      > The Peaberry SDR V2 is here! Some of the changes from V1:
      >
      > - Diagnostic and status LED
      > - Works great up to 10m band (30MHz)
      > - Eliminated external LPF
      > - Up to four bands instead of three
      > - Improved sensitivity
      > - Improved dynamic range
      > - Improved selectivity
      > - Double balanced receiver
      > - Support for Elecraft T1 automatic antenna tuner
      > - Isolated trigger for external amp
      > - USB bootloader for firmware upgrades
      > - PPTC fuse protection
      > - Room for two more BS170s to support QRO experiments
      > - Illustrated manual using HDSDR for testing
      >
      > The MIC and SPKR jacks have been eliminated from the design. Use the ones
      > on your computer now. The board still fits in a KM5H case with jacks for an
      > amp and tuner replacing the MIC/SPKR.
      >

      > Currently, the band configurations are 60/40/30/20m, 30/20/17/15m, and
      > 17/15/12/10m. The 160m and 80/75m bands haven't yet been tested but are
      > expected to work.
      >
      > The first dozen kits are available in the store now.
      >
      > 73 David AE9RB
      > http://AE9RB.com/

    • David.Lopez
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1 10:46 PM
        What is the link for purchasing one?
      • warrenallgyer
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2 12:25 AM
          David

          Here is the direct link to David's site:

          http://ae9rb.com/

          Mine is on the way! It looks like a big step in functionality and performance and looking forward to putting it through its' paces.

          Warren Allgyer - 9V1TD

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "David.Lopez" <brewgod23@...> wrote:

          > What is the link for purchasing one?

        • MICHAEL TALLENT
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3 11:10 AM
            Will you be going to Dayton with any of the new version?

            Mike  W6MXV

              Message 5 of 12 , May 3 5:31 PM
                On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM, MICHAEL TALLENT <mwtallent@...> wrote:
                Will you be going to Dayton with any of the new version?

                I will be demonstrating the Peaberry SDR V2 at Hamvention booth EH0554. I'll also be at SEA-PAC.

                73 David AE9RB

              • Dave
                Message 6 of 12 , May 3 6:47 PM
                  David:
                    What booth at Seapac?  We will be driving the 500 miles to Seaside, OR.

                  Dave - WB6DHW
                  <http://wb6dhw.com>

                  On 5/3/2013 5:31 PM, David Turnbull wrote:

                  On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM, MICHAEL TALLENT <mwtallent@...> wrote:
                  Will you be going to Dayton with any of the new version?

                  I will be demonstrating the Peaberry SDR V2 at Hamvention booth EH0554. I'll also be at SEA-PAC.

                  73 David AE9RB

                • kb9gpm
                  Message 7 of 12 , May 3 6:49 PM
                    I've built one of the V1 models. But before taking the plunge with V2, I have a question. Does the parts for 160/80/75m and 80/75/60/40m band options come with it. Or will they be available once testing is done?

                    Thanks
                    KB9GPM

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> wrote:

                    > The Peaberry SDR V2 is here! Some of the changes from V1:
                    >
                    > - Diagnostic and status LED
                    > - Works great up to 10m band (30MHz)
                    > - Eliminated external LPF
                    > - Up to four bands instead of three
                    > - Improved sensitivity
                    > - Improved dynamic range
                    > - Improved selectivity
                    > - Double balanced receiver
                    > - Support for Elecraft T1 automatic antenna tuner
                    > - Isolated trigger for external amp
                    > - USB bootloader for firmware upgrades
                    > - PPTC fuse protection
                    > - Room for two more BS170s to support QRO experiments
                    > - Illustrated manual using HDSDR for testing
                    >
                    > The MIC and SPKR jacks have been eliminated from the design. Use the ones
                    > on your computer now. The board still fits in a KM5H case with jacks for an
                    > amp and tuner replacing the MIC/SPKR.
                    >

                    > Currently, the band configurations are 60/40/30/20m, 30/20/17/15m, and
                    > 17/15/12/10m. The 160m and 80/75m bands haven't yet been tested but are
                    > expected to work.
                    >
                    > The first dozen kits are available in the store now.
                    >
                    > 73 David AE9RB
                    > http://AE9RB.com/

                  • David Turnbull
                    Message 8 of 12 , May 3 7:29 PM
                      On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:
                        What booth at Seapac?  We will be driving the 500 miles to Seaside, OR.

                      SEA-PAC hasn't assigned tables yet and you don't get to choose.

                      73 David AE9RB
                      http://AE9RB.com/
                    • David Turnbull
                      Message 9 of 12 , May 3 7:44 PM
                        On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM, kb9gpm <goofy_36@...> wrote:
                        I've built one of the V1 models.  But before taking the plunge with V2, I have a question.  Does the parts for 160/80/75m and 80/75/60/40m band options come with it.  Or will they be available once testing is done?

                        I have not yet built and tested the 160m and 80/75m filters but parts and directions are included. The spectrum analyzer I was using is unavailable for a while. If you can verify the filters aren't cutting off part of the band and the 2nd harmonic is within FCC rules then go for it.

                        73 David AE9RB
                      • warrenallgyer
                        Message 10 of 12 , May 4 2:19 AM
                          I built and tested David's 80/75 filter this afternoon. The curve is attached.

                          Nice filter!

                          Warren Allgyer - 9V1TD