Re: [softrock40] Re: 18.73 MHz crystal source

  • Adam Jacobs
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
      He's on this list. Just send him an email directly and explain that you need the parts to modify a 40m softrock lite II to a 20m softrock lite II. You will probably need a few caps and will also need to rewind the bandpass filters. You could look at the build notes to figure out all of the specific differences, but Tony might just know them off the top of his head. :)

      -73 Adam W7QI

      On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM, kd5pme <danaf@...> wrote:

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Adam Jacobs <jacobs.adam@...> wrote:

      > I'm sure that Tony would sell you the parts you need to change your 40m kit
      > into a 20m kit.
      >
      > -73 Adam W7QI
      >

      > On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM, kd5pme <danaf@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I have a Softrock 40 Lite ii kit and I would like to turn it into a 20
      > > meter band receiver. I have looked online for a 18.73 MHz crystal to
      > > replace the 28.224 MHz crystal and I have failed to find one. Anyone know
      > > of a source for this part?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Dana

      Thanks. I will try to get hold of Tony.

      Dana

    • kd5pme
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2013
        I want to thank Tony for his help in converting my 40M receiver kit into a 20M kit. It is much appreciated.

        Dana

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kd5pme" <danaf@...> wrote:

        > I have a Softrock 40 Lite ii kit and I would like to turn it into a 20 meter band receiver. I have looked online for a 18.73 MHz crystal to replace the 28.224 MHz crystal and I have failed to find one. Anyone know of a source for this part?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dana

      • JRTENN
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2013
          Did we locate a reliable / reasonably priced source for the needed 18.73 MHz crystal?

          Any such information we can share is useful to all.

          Based on what kind of rating and "cut" for the crystal, in many instances one-off crystals can be procured from a few places, it would seem.

          Joe