Re: [softrock40] Proper hookup?

  • Adam Jacobs
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013
      I don't think it is necessary to have RX & TX on separate boards. I have good luck running them both on the same Soundblaster Live card and it's not a problem. I -do- set the option to mute RX on TX, though, so that is probably relevant. The RX side should connect to the Line-in on the PC, the TX side connects to Line-out on the PC. The microphone jack is a bad choice for RX because it is usually mono and the gain is wrong as well.

      -73 Adam W7QI

      On 4/26/2013 9:30 AM, Jack wrote:

      I'm new to SDR and have a Ensemble RXTX and it's working well on receive. However, I can't seem to get the transmit portion working correctly. (These old eyes couldn't finish it, so it was professionally built and, hence, I'm pretty sure the TX section works.) The RX input is connect to the mike input on the motherboard. The RX output is connected to a NVIDIA hi-def audio card (M320SL-3). At the present time, I have the TX input connected to Line=In (SB X-Fi Extreme Audio) and TX output to the NVIDIA card. I think I need to keep the two cards "separated", but I'm not sure. Any help for a very old "newbie" would be appreciated.

      Jack
      W9NMT