Re: [softrock40] LO 4X Output from the External Sound Card

  • R. R. (Robby) Robson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2013
      It appears you are getting misled by the block diagram for the RXTX Ensemble.

      The point to which you are apparently referring is the block labeled "USB".
      This was intended to refer to the USB section of the board, where the Local Oscillator, PTT, and CW Paddles I/O are managed.  The LOX4x output from that block is the output of the SI570 programmable oscillator, which is provided to the QSD and QSE stages.

      Looking more closely at the diagram you will see arrows linking the OpAmps (TR and TX) to the PC (implicitly to the PC's internal soundcard.

      You should also refer to the diagram I mentioned earlier today, in the CURRENT documentation:  http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/11_extconn

      A cursory review of the schematics might help, as well.

      To ensure that you are seeing the latest information, make certain that you are looking at pages on the wb5rvz.ORG site (not the deprecated wb5rvz.COM site)

      On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM, davidlopez2@... <brewgod23@...> wrote:

      From the Diagram on this site:

      http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/images/ensemble_block_diagram.gif

      there is a LO 4X output from the external sound card. My Creative Labs X-Fi sound card does not have this LO output. Do I need this LO output to be connected to the Softrock Ensemble RXTX? Or is this diagram saying that the external USB sound card will be supplying power to drive the internal 4X LO in the Softrock?

      N6RI

      --
      Cheers,
      Robby