Re: [softrock40] Ensemble RXTX finally transmitting!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 11:43 AM
      Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RXTX finally transmitting!

      > I just wanted to send a quick note to thank the group for all of
      > their assistance and getting my RXTX transmitting. In the end, I used
      > HDSDR, VAC & com0com. The HDSDR setting for emulating the comport PTT is
      > kind of opaque. It isn't apparent that the Port & baudrate settings are
      > for the HOST side connection, not the client side as I assumed.
      > HDSDR has some kind of opaque functionality like that which could use
      > better description for usability. It is also not readily obvious to the
      > user that the "Options" button brings up a different set of options if
      > you are currently transmitting.

      Adam,

      The FAQ page of HDSDR has a link to my pages about HDSDR. <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/installing-and-using-hdsdr> I'd
      say no software is totally intuitive but is there any basic information missing here?

      I'm not sure what you mean about port & baud rate settings, they should match both ends.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Adam Jacobs
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 1:12 PM
        Hi Alan,
          Yes, I do think that the section of your document could be more informative regarding the details of how to get PTT working over virtual com port. I'll take some notes when I get home tonight and send you some specific details.
        Your site is extremely informative and useful.

        Thanks,
         -73 Adam W7QI