Re: Ensemble RXTX vs Peaberry SDR?

  • edingraham
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013
      From the lack of posts about problems getting the USB drivers installed and working, it appears that the Peaberry USB interface is more robust.

      Yes, the Peaberry provides the audio interfaces for I/Q, mike, and speaker, no other sound card is needed when running at 48KBps. On the other hand, 96KBps removes the mike and spkr channels. Selecting 96KBps requires the installation of a hardware jumper (or a switch of some sort, I use a shorting block on a 2-pin header).

      Reversing I/Q for RX or TX does not require a jumper change. Just tune your LO to 33.333333 or 33.444444 or 33.555555 or 33.666666 to accomplish the I/Q swaps.

      With Peaberry, SDR# shows an image which SDR# cannot correct. HDSDR can correct this image. Apparently this has something to with the fact that Peaberry does not sample I and Q simultaneously.

      Tinkering with the Peaberry firmware is not for the faint of heart. The Peaberry firmware and its PSoC continue to earn my respect!

      73, Ed WX4S